1. How you think is everything. Remember to “think
positive” at every opportunity. Visualize success, not failure. Avoid negative environments and people.
2. Decide on your dreams and goals. Be specific
about your goals.
3. Take action. Goals alone have no meaning; you
need to take action to make them real. Don’t let fear hold you back. "Just do
4. Never stop learning. Take classes,
go back to school, read books, join a discussion group. If you are interested in a subject, make time to learn about it. Keep going
for new skills.
5. Be persistent and work hard. You’ve
probably heard the expression, “success is a marathon, not a sprint.” Keep your eye on the goal, and keep working
toward it. Don’t give up.
6. Learn to analyze details. Get all
the facts, and ask for input. This will help you make wiser decisions. Acknowledge your mistakes, but don’t beat yourself
up. Learn from your mistakes.
7. Focus your time and money. When you
believe in something, put your attention and energy there. Don’t let people or things distract you.
8. Don’t be afraid to innovate; be different.
Be true to yourself, and have your own ideas. Following the crowd is a path to mediocrity.
9. Communicate with people effectively. Remember
that no person is an island. Communicate your thoughts and desires honestly, and encourage others to communicate honestly
with you. Practice understanding and motivating other people.
10. Be honest and dependable; take responsibility
for what you do. Never cheat or lie. When you make a promise, keep it. When you screw up, admit it.
Without honesty, dependability and responsibility,
the other nine secrets of success don’t add up to much.